Just an explanation of the title — it’s a joke of mine and my sister, Deana, to not say “pink” but “pank”. Similarly, we also say “wranks” instead of “wrinks” (short for wrinkles) but that’s another story for another day.
Back to the subject at hand: slaw.
Jon and I absolutely love it.
I make lots of different kinds, but lately this is the one that I’ve been making.
– Half a red cabbage; cored and sliced thinly
– A quarter of a cup pickled Pepperocini pepper slices
– Half of a thinly sliced red or yellow onion
– 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– two glugs red wine vinegar
– four gulgs extra-virgin olive oil
– juice of a lime, optional
– salt-and-pepper to taste
Thinly slice cabbage and onions.
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper, and optional lime juice. Whisk until combined. Toss with cabbage, peppers, and onions.
Serve and enjoy!
Happy Wednesday, y’all!