I know that it isn’t the new year, yet. But, with all of the traditional cooking and baking going on around here, I just know that I’m not going to be pushing myself to do anything new. The new year is approaching, though, and so I thought I’d list some of my humble goals for the coming year in the kitchen. Feel free to set me straight and point me in the right direction at will….
1. Learn how to cook a whole chicken and turkey. That’s right, I don’t know how.
2. Make my own hummus. I do know how to do this but I just haven’t, yet. When I do it’ll be awesome since I could practically live on this stuff.
4. Learn some great crock pot recipes that my boys will eat to have ready for Sunday lunches.
5. Pork roast — I need a good recipe for this, too.
6. Make the recipe for Thai soup that I copied from a magazine months ago.
7. Make the recipe for soup that I was planning for Mr. Jim. He died a week before he was scheduled to have lunch with us and I just haven’t had the heart to make it. Now I do, though, because I’ve decided that I’ll eat it and think of him.
8. I want to learn how to make several great (easy) lunch salads. And, I’m on the hunt for a tasty homemade creamy balsamic vinaigrette recipe.
9. I’m going to make some new tex-mex foods. Suggestions, anyone?
10. Lamb for Easter?
11. I need a new recipe for a hot sandwich.
12. I want to learn how to make a slow-cooked Italian tomato sauce. One that I can do in a big batch and freeze for later.
Guess what? I’m going to blog the making of each of these….so, that should be an interesting adventure.
Here’s to learning new stuff. Cheers!