What To Do With Leftover Ham
I’ve posted this recipe on my blog before, but I thought that I’d put it here again, because it is such a good use for leftover ham.
Crustless Savory Quiche
1 3 oz. package cream cheese
1 12 oz. carton small curd cottage cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cooked chopped ham
2 T. minced green onion
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat egs. Beat in cream cheese, cottage cheese and butter until almost smooth.
4. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir in egg mixture until thoroughly blended. Beat in milk. Pour into prepared pie plate.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. Sprinkle with green onions and mushrooms.
6. Bake 30-40 minutes.
I usually double this recipe and freeze one of the quiches. It freezes and reheats really well. Just bake the quiche and wrap it tightly before freezing. Most kids love this. To get it to squeak by my sensors I usually use chopped yellow onion instead of the green. We actually like the way that the sweet yellow onion tastes, even though it isn’t as pretty. Also, when you are putting the toppings on the quiche, it is best to put the most around the edges and use less in the center. I find that the toppings always migrate toward the center, anyway, so don’t worry about it not having enough there.
Another leftover ham recipe is coming your way tomorrow!