Remind me to add the career “butcher” to my long list of things that I never want to do for a living. I carved up the rest of my ham yesterday….and, well, let’s just say that I’m happy to be finished doing that.
Here is an excellent recipe for ham leftovers.
Crustless Savory Quiche
1 3 oz. package cream cheese
1 12 oz. carton small curd cottage cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cooked chopped ham
2 T. minced green onion
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat egs. Beat in cream cheese, cottage cheese and butter until almost smooth.
4. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir in egg mixture until thoroughly blended. Beat in milk. Pour into prepared pie plate.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. Sprinkle with green onions and mushrooms.
6. Bake 30-40 minutes.
(This quiche is good and very easy. I actually make the whole thing in my cuisinart and it turns out really well.)